Sunday, September 25, 2005

Almodóvarfiesta & icons

Yesssss!!! SVT is doing the world a big favour and will show his movies this fall. Wonderful. Now I just have to make sure to have lots of that fabulous spanish wine at home to go with the movies - and some Pata Negra, some Manchego and inspired by Her Fabulousness Lady Marmalade Kicki I´ll try and make some of that überdelicious fig/nut-marmalade.

Getting back to Almodóvar - his movies are always such an inspiration for me. The women are soo boldy feminine and stylish - even the transvestites are incredibly iconic. Love all his movies, but if I had to chose one, it has to be Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios. (Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown). It´s brilliant.

Other female icons (besides the Almodóvarcharacters) that are a constant inspiration for me, whether dead or alive:
- Frida Kahlo
- Isabel Allende
- Maria Callas
- Edith Piaf
- Sofia Coppola
- Mary J. Blige
- Eva Perón (although do not agree with the ideology)
- My grandmothers
- My girlfriends

And some male:
- my father
- Che Guevara (although I don´t agree about the ideology)
- Muhammad Ali/Cassius Clay
- Martin Scorsese
- Ernest Hemingway
- Jack Kerouac
- Michail Bulgakov
- one of my exes, no names though - that way the ones of them who read this will all feel flattered and be convinced they are an inspirational source. How very kind of me.
- Mark Goldberg, one of my teachers in college. Fabulous person. I´d do a lot to get the opportunity to meet him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home