Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Day after Dia de los Muertos

I love the Mexican tradition of celebrating the dead. Why shouldn´t you?
Being raised with both catholic (home) and lutheran (school) influences, it gave me a somewhat too serious view of death and the supposed afterlife. The catholics seemed a bit too dramatic, although I enjoy a bit of catholic drama now and then, and the lutherans - boy, it´s 100 % the ora et labora-stuff, and very much melancholy. (If you listen to Kent you´ll know exectly what I mean.)

Anyhow, Dia de los Muertos has always fascinated me, I find it sooo cool to celebrate whatever comes after TOD.


And as Isabel Allende said when she was in Stockholm last year (once again, all my love to the Sparkling Sunshine for finding out how to sneak in although sold out!)
- Death is not an obstacle for communication and love.

She also said:
- Please don´t quote me because I can´t be consistent.

I want to be as cool as Isabel when I grow up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sure makes me wish I was dead... parrty party!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Gonzalita said...

Meh, din lilla ungjävel, det ena utesluter inte det andra, festa nu OCH sen!!!

8:15 AM  
Blogger nb said...

Åh vad jag älskar consistent-uttalandet, det är nattbuss i ett fucking nötskal det. Hur kul skulle det vara att tycka lika varenda dag liksom. (Säger jag t de som framför klagomål: "Men igår tyckte du ju OM gröna tröjor?")

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home