Friday, November 04, 2005

Postcards

I like receiving e-mail but I love to receive old fashion regular mail. Today I got two postcards and the sweetest invitation. It reminded me of the penpal craze when I was a kid. At some point I had around 100 penpals all over the world, I got letters every day and I can just imagine what my parents had to spend on this particular hobby of mine. Not to mention all the books, magazines and movies in different languages.

The letters from the Asian kids were always the most beautiful. The stamps on the letters from Africa were the most exotic and cool.
I got to know new worlds from my room with the light blue walls in the suburb.

Today I´m still in touch with some of the people I got to know during that time. I even attended at the wedding of my dear penpal Francisca in Chile, who got married in this lovely, modern church with a Medieval touch in posh La Dehesa in Santiago and looked every inch like a modern Juliet. Most of our communication today is through e-mail, which is nice. But no matter how much you enjoy the sound of new mail in the Inbox - there´s nothing like receiving a real old fashion letter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathie! said...

I think your blogger is really cool. Came upon it by accident.
I was born in Valparaiso,Chile but have lived my whole life in Canada.
I am very proud to be latina as well.
-Kathie

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment made my day, chica!
Never really imagined a fellow latina and specificically a fellow chilena would find my blog!

Nos vemos en el cyber, saludos desde Estocolmo!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home