Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quitapena

That´s spanish for "take away the grief" and is something you do when somebody dies. Usually after the funeral you have something to drink and remember the one that´s no longer there.

A couple of weeks ago I got the sad news that a friends mother had passed away and that was the reason of yesterdays Quitapena. I suggested it, since I felt I really wanted to see my friend and her husband and just hang out and talk. Two other friends also joined us, and also friends to the family. Very nice evening despite the sad reason for it.

I got home in the small hours and got the brilliant idea of calling my grandmother. So I did and we talked for a couple of hours, as always. I miss my grandmother, I really have to get my act together and visit her soon. Sometimes I really, really hate the fact that I´m living so far away from her that I just can´t go visit over the weekend or similiar.

Today I feel like I´ve been smashed against a wall or something. Not good. Am trying to sober up, guess I´m allowed to have a deli pizza for lunch today, yeeey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home