Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Proud Latin Heritage month is about to begin!

Just as I felt totally uninspired today - what landed on my doormat? Latina Magazine!!! I just loooove Latina Magazine! It reminds me I´m not alone in cursing in español, listening to Astrud Gilberto, Ricky Martin, Shakira and Julio Iglesias (yes, that goes for YOU as well amiga, I know you listen to Julio when no one else is arround!) and enjoying being as bold and vivid as the women in a Frida Kahlo painting, Isabel Allende novel or Almodovar movie.

I always try to express my latinismo in some way. Not that you´d ignore it otherwise, but in icy cool and natural Scandinavian surroundings the contrast is really nice.

This month I´ll be wearing the following, straight outta Latino culture:
- boleros
- chunky jewelry in the style of the one and only Frida Kahlo
- mantas (capés)
- chignon á la Eva Perón
- lipstick in dramatic red

....and superhigh heels of course. Most latinas aren´t that tall, but that´s why übergod of shoes was christened the superspanish name: Manolo.

1 Comments:

Blogger En Barnfri Kvinna said...

Oh, you'll be gorgeous!
Must catch up soon over some rosé.

Love E

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home