Tuesday, January 10, 2006

That citizen of the world thing

In the Sex & the City episode "The power of Female sex", the character Amalita Amalfi says to Carrie "I´m a citizen of the world".
I thought about this the other day at a party while discussing what "being international" meant.
The ones of us discussing were all of different ethnic backgrounds, which made the conversation very interesting. For some "being international" was the equivalent of travelling a lot. For others it was knowing more than two languages. Some thought of it as a no frontiers thing. And others thought that you could not be an "international person" unless you could claim at least two different ethnic heritages.
Really, really interesting definitions. Love discussions like that because they get me to question my own thoughts and beliefs.

And what do Me, Myself and I thing about that? Well. I´m a legal alien. Or maybe I´ll just quote signorina Amalfi again: "I´m an International Party girl".
No more, no less.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I am a citizen of all those countries I love. Like India, even though there are not many indians who would consider me an equal. Sad, but true.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sporty Spice said...

Jag tror att det är Miranda som fäller det sarkastiska kommentaren "Oh, she´s just a hooker with a passport".

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe, briljant bittercynisk kommentar!

The bad girl always comes out on top. Och då menar jag inte Miranda.

1:21 AM  
Blogger draksessan said...

Hmmm.... internationell bokmal och lantis... kan man vara det? I så fall är jag det... och lika bitter-cynisk som Miranda, fast inte lika avundsjuk, I also have a passport ;))

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home