Monday, November 21, 2005

Afternoon chickflick

After a hectic weekend I treated myself to some well deserved entertainment and went to the movies with my auntie M. I had suggested the feelgood chickflick "In her shoes" since I really like Toni Collette and Shirley McLaine is alway a joy to watch. Done and done!
And I liked it. Not an Academy Award winner but definitely a good choice if you want to escape a grey november day, as was the case today.

Miss Diaz was brilliant as totally irresponsible, I-don´t-give-a-damn sister, but I couldn´t help of wondering if she´d managed to play the Toni Collette-character. Don´t think so.

The only thing that really bothered me was that the Toni Collette-character was supposed to be fat. She was not. She was totally normal. Dull yes, but neither skinny nor fat. It´s a bit scary thinking of todays supposed to be "role models" - if she was fat I don´t know...Oh, and the Choo with the broken heel was all but a joy to see. Maybe there ought to be info texts telling that "no shoes have been harmed during the making of the movie/episode/whatever" after the, what do you call them? You know, the texts with cast, etc info?

1 Comments:

Blogger draksessan said...

OH MY GOD!!! THEY KILLED JIMMY!!!!

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home