Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bookrelease, rose wine en masse and birthday bash

It´s been three busy but fun days. Thursday was really nice, with the release of Carolina Gynnings book "Ego Girl" (superfun, smart with lots of drama, read it!) at Saline. (The place is situated in the same building where I used to work. I looked up to "my" old window and felt all over that I´d made the right decision leaving that place for working on my own and with things I enjoy for sure. Brava!)

The bookrelease party was nice, didn´t stay too long though but enough for being a bit more than slightly tipsy when leaving. Had a slight headache when I woke up friday morning, which didn´t stop me from answering Kickis "Drink?"-sms with a you bet! We ended up at supernice Nyfiken Gul where we had a bottle of rose before dinner, one with it and one after. It was one of those perfect sensommarnätter that makes Stockholm enchanting and makes you forget how totally repulsive it can be in the middle of winter when the snömodd wets your feet and the cold bites your nose.

The three bottles of wine were the reason of weaking up with a real headache saturday morning. And I had to go downtown and make errands and stuff.
A hangover + Stockholm City a saturday afternoon usually is a big no-no for me. But if you gotta go, you gotta go. Called Creative Genius Benedicte and asked if she wanted to gossip over a latte, and agreed on meeting at NK.
But after picking up stuff at dad´s I realized I had to eat something and what better than a delicious pizzaslice at Piccolino´s? Called and sent sms to Benedicte about change of plans. When she called me she was at the information desk at NK - she´d forgotten her cell phone at home or lost it and had asked people at the desk to call out for me at NK.
There I was, hungovered, starving and feeling like five kinds of shit at Hötorgshallen while I was called for at NK! Lovely.

After hangig out over latte and some shopping with Benedicte I had to go home to get ready for Kickis party. Searching the closet for something nice to wear took ages and had to call and tell that I was going to be late. I think I arrived about one and a half hour after the given time. Mañana, mañana, I know - but I really wanted to look nice and it took me a while to get there.

Kicki and Sam are such great hosts and know how to create a great party mood. It was as always nice to see Ingrid & Martin, Frida & Christofer, Sissi & Jeff, Des, and Lars and his girlfriend with the most beautiful hair ever and nice to meet the other guests.
Went home somewhat early, my contacts started to feel really dry and itching, so I joined Sissi & Jeff. We waited for a cab for about 20 minutes, luckily we find one from another company and were finally on our way.

Slept a lot today, guess I needed that. Am going to work a bit and then just relax and prepare for another week.

But before I sign out, here is the Gonzalita Top Five of the week:
1. Speed of sound
2. Nyfiken Gul
3. Tvärbanan
4. Ego girl
5. Marimekko

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hihi, såg dig på en vimmelbild på stureplan.se :) Mycket snygg bild!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home